Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Met a director on Monday who liked The School, and wants to chat about a big scifi action film he wants to do. It sounds really cool, right up my alley - he's similar to me in the kinds of movie he wants to do, entertaining, popular, genre (horror, scifi, etc), but intelligent too. He's a nice bloke, and his idea is really good. We started buzzing off it straight away, so we're going to meet up next week to spend several hours talking about it, then hopefully I'll get to write it. It's good because (a) it should pretty much write itself, it's that good, and (b) it's not Primeval. I am so fucked off with Primeval, I can't even find the words. But I've come up with a different ending - all the others end in more or less the same way, just changing the big bad, etc, which was just predictable. So I moved that so that it happens just over an hour into it, then it goes in a totally different direction. It seems to be working so far. This will be draft 9. Why does some stuff come out really easily, but some stuff has to be dragged, kicking and screaming? Actually, I know the answer, it's because I didn't plan it out properly. I've learned a lot from the process of fucking it up, which is one good thing, I suppose. Still could have done without it.

In other news: I have realised a lifelong ambition: either to have a Swiss bank account, or, failing that, to know someone with a Swiss bank account. I have now met someone who has a Swiss bank account - two Swiss bank accounts, actually. At least. And I really can't tell you any more that. Sorry. That's just the way it is. Hey, it's *supposed* to be mysterious. That's half the fun...

No comments: