Monday, August 25, 2003

8 pages today. Something's bound to go wrong, this is going too well. I'm now on page 33, and Act 2 starts on the next line. It's moving along really nicely, I keep adding stuff that isn't in the outline as it occurs to me that it's needed, but it all seems to work out okay. I'm really excited about getting to this section, it means I can start killing people in horrible ways.

Also working on two outlines for TV ideas. Although I've pretty much given up on ever getting an original, interesting TV thing going, I still churn them out, just in case, you never know. It can't hurt, the more stuff you have to sell or show people, the better.

Watched Visitor Q on Saturday night, by Takashi Miike, the twisted genius behind Audition, Ichi the Killer, Dead or Alive, and about a million others. It is seriously, seriously fucked in the head, this movie. It's not easy viewing at times, but some of it is (intentionally) hilarious - then you think, Christ, I'm actually laughing at this shit, what is the matter with me? And then something else bizarre happens, and you laugh even more. And then you are suddenly horrified by something outrageous, the laugh dying in your throat. And then something so utterly bizarre happens, you don't even know how you feel about it, it's too bizarre, too surprising. Takashi Miike, you are the king. You're insane, but you're the king.

No comments: