Sunday, August 24, 2003

Groovy, 4 and a half pages yesterday, 6 and a half today. It's flying along, thanks to nailing down the outline tight before I ever started. Still stuff appearing that isn't in the outline, so it's still surprising me. It's great fun too, I hope that comes across in the script itself.

The mystery film on Friday was The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - it was great fun, lots of destruction, and a truly amazing Mr Hyde. Now *that*'s how the Hulk should have been done. So disappointed with Hulk, I'd have preferred to see two episodes of the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno show, to be honest. Shame. But Mr Hyde rocks, all done with makeup, seriously huge makeup, and fancy schmancy camerawork. It allowed the actor, Jason Flemyng, to actually act the part, instead of just vanishing as soon as the CGI takes over. Anyway, fun time had by all. I've never managed to get hold of a copy of the comic, though I love Alan Moore's stuff, and know it will be great. That's my next purchase - I'm sure they've changed all sorts that will outrage me when I read the comic, but as a film, it was a rollicking good time.

Didn't get to see Gozu or Cabin Fever, they were sold out, which isn't surprising, we only heard about it the day it started. Still, they'll come out at some point, so we'll see them then.

No comments: