Friday, August 08, 2003

Some blah, some feh: Pat (director bloke) wants me to write the scifi action thing, which is cool, so we're signing a legal thing promising not to do anything naughty, just to cover ourselves. No money yet, but when we sell it, hoo boy, I'm getting me one of them toasters I seen on the magic picture box. I've come up with lots of groovy characters to put into it, hopefully making some nice juicy roles that people will want to play, and not mind that they only have 5 lines before getting horribly killed.

TV outline: the people at A National TV Station didn't like the outline much, they were hoping it would have more about the human conflict and stuff, bit of a misunderstanding on both sides probably. Anyway, they're happy to see a new revised version - if they don't like that, then I'll leave it, because it will be drifting scarily close to a "drama", which ain't really my thang.

Disaster outline: it doesn't really work. So I've abandoned it, and have 2 months to think up a new way to kill, main, and trap people in burning wreckage. It's for a kind of genre film submission thing, they want disaster movies, musicals, or family movies. Bit of an unfortunate time in history to be asking for disaster movies, really...

Nobody in TV Land is "getting" The School, they either think it's a comedy and can't find the jokes (there aren't jokes), or it's a drama, and can't find the drama (it's not a drama), don't get the black comedy surreal aspect, or think hey, it's, you know, for kids (it isn't, but I'm sure they'd love it). Depressing. I thought there'd be a market for good, original genre TV stuff, but they just seem to want to churn out the same old shite over and over again. That's fine, if they're happy spending their lives blanding everything down to the point of transparency, then their punishment will be their own miserable lives, he spat bitterly...

No comments: