Thursday, August 21, 2003

Sweet. 5 pages today, took just over an hour, this shit practically writes itself. It is huge amounts of fun, too, I love the main character, and the whole attitude of the thing. Nice. I'll stick with the 3 page a day target, no point increasing it every time - but I won't carry pages over, so I still need to do 3 tomorrow, I won't take the lazy way out just because I did 2 extra today, and say "oh well, I only need 1 tomorrow..."

Apparently the routine is now: have dinner, watch some telly, then sit down at the PC, pour myself a healthy amount of Jim Beam and Coke, and write like mad, with the headphones blasting out the heaviest songs on my hard drive. I have to listen to music when I write, usually. Different things need different genres. This is definitely a hard, heavy metal script. Plenty of Korn, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, System of a Down, Nirvana. Is it uncool to say "heavy metal"? I don't care. It was called heavy metal when I was at school, it's still heavy metal now. Fuck cool, let's kill.

No comments: