Friday, November 28, 2003

Radiohead. Last night. Live. My first time. Oh. My. God.

I've been trying to get to a Radiohead gig for years. Lately, I haven't even bothered trying to get tickets, just so I can save myself the disappointment. But this year, something went right, the planets aligned, and it all came together. I was worried that it would be an anticlimax - after all, I've seen them live on television, surely it can't be that different? Oh, how wrong could I be... As soon as the first notes crashed out, the lights came up, and I was transported. I had no idea it could be that good. Nobody mentioned that the music would rush through my veins, get under my skin, buzz in my teeth like electricity. I felt like the scientists in Close Encounters when the mothership arrives and blasts the windows out with its melody. I felt transported to another place.

In other words: no, it is so fucking NOT like watching them on television...

No comments: