Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Time to corrupt some innocent minds

So, after all the changes, drafts, tearing-out-of-hair, blood, sweat, tears, semen stains - semen stains? - the script is, as of today, on the desks of a shitload of movie people. Right now. Right now, it is on their desks. My fate, my testicles, my anus, all are in their hands. In a manner of speaking.

Before it got sent out, apparently Jago's assistant read it out to her flatmates, who all thought it was funny. And one of his clients, a director, started reading it, and said his wife thought he was having a heart attack, he was laughing so hard. He said he "nearly puked in the bath", and I can think of no higher recommendation than that. I just wish I'd managed to push him that extra mile...

So I'm nervously optimistic, yet, at the same time, utterly pessimistic. Meanwhile, I need to do another draft of the big scifi action thingy - I've got 6 weeks to work on a new outline, and construct an exciting new draft. I'm looking forward to that, partly because it isn't Craw Lodge/P45/whatever it's called today.

No comments: