Monday, March 01, 2004

Back in the saddle

Switzerland was a blast, saw lots of snow, mountains, snow-covered mountains, ate lots of chocolate, stayed with the nicest family ever who had a cat called Tupfli that I've probably spelt wrong, went on many trains, saw lots of scenery, breathed some very thin air, gaped at the Matterhorn, and did the coolest thing in the whole world - lounged around in a thermal spring heated pool, outside, in the alps, while it was snowing. Rock and blimmin roll.

Anyway, back in smelly old London, things seem somehow smaller, darker, and greyer. Boo to London for a while. On the bright side, the rewrite of Harvest (the big scifi action thingy) is going very well, I'm really enjoying it. Oh, and I finally figured out how to make an old idea work as a film outline, and have been percolating it in my head for nearly a week now, trying to put it all together. I may merge it with another half idea, I may not. Such is the joy of figuring out what to do before writing it, a very hard, painful lesson I learned from the months of P45/Craw Lodge madness. I also have two meetings with film or telly people lined up, not for anything in particular, but just because they liked my stuff and want to chat. So all is moving along swimmingly. More news soon, hopefully.

No comments: