Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Poncing around

Bollocks. Remember my short film, Cheap Rate Gravity? It's just been selected for the Dresden International Festival for Animation and Short Films. The director can't go, because he's busy, so he asked them if I could go instead. They said yes. But it starts next Tuesday. And I've just heard about it (Wednesday evening). The flights are around 400 quid normally, or 200 if I stop off at Frankfurt and spend 5000 years there (including a Saturday). So I probably can't go. Which sucks. There's a cash prize if it wins, but I don't know who gets that - I'll see if the director will give me half, if it even wins, which it probably won't... But that's still cool, I didn't realise anything was still happening with it. Oh, and it's been sold to Canal+, so will be/is being shown on French telly. Nice! Update: just looked up the schedules, it was shown twice on 30th March 2004. Don't know if it will be on again, but you never know. The UK Sci Fi Channel will presumably show it at some stage, too, unless they already have.

Booked in three meetings today over the next few weeks. Things may be happening. And I've got shitloads of stuff to write, none of which I have time to do before going to Dublin tomorrow for a couple of days. On the bright side, I'm going to Dublin tomorrow for a couple of days...

No comments: