Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Bits and pieces

Had a chance at doing an outline for some comedy thing, spent a few days working on it last week, but they went for someone else in the end. Oh well, I wasn't that bothered about it. But I'm always happy to get money and exposure, I'm a total whore.

There's a producer I've been meeting on and off who wants to develop a script with me, I've mentioned him before. I didn't know if anything would come of it, but he mentioned a book he wanted to make into a film, and I really liked the sound of it. I've now read it, and am convinced it would make a great film - there's a lot of stuff that would have to be taken out, it's a long, complex book and there just isn't time for all of it, but there's still plenty of stuff in there. Anyway, I did a draft outline for it, the producer quite likes it, the author seems to like it, so it's looking good. I'm fleshing out the outline a bit now, and hopefully we can get things moving soon.

Don't know if I said this before, but me and Pat the director are going to pitch our big scifi action thingy to a film company in a couple of weeks. My agent was telling them about the idea, so they invited us in to pitch it - he told them about one of my other things, too, which they also liked, so they'd like me to pitch that as well, on a different day. I've never done a proper pitch before, and I'm shitting myself. We've got a bullet-point outline done, and character notes, and pictures and things, so I'm quite looking forward to it really. While shitting myself.

No comments: