Sunday, August 15, 2004

Movement

The book adaptation thing is going well - the producer is going to show the new outline to some people, and he seems really happy with it, so that's promising.

P45 has gone out to two directors. I can't say who, but it would be very cool if one of them did it - and apparently he quite likes it. Fingers crossed. 2007 Update: One of the directors was, yes, Chris Smith, who was eventually signed up to direct. He was the one who I said it would be cool if he did it. I can't remember who the other one was, honestly, I'll have to see if the film people remember. And now I go back to 2007, returning you to August 2004...

Me and Pat are doing our practice pitch tomorrow for our agent - I'm more worried about that than the real thing. At least at the real one the producer will say "great, thanks very much" whatever happens - our agent (he's Pat's agent too) is brutally honest, and will have no hesitation in telling us if it is shit. Which is good, because otherwise P45 would never have got as good as it did. If there were more agents like him, there would be less shite movies like Matrix Revolutions.

Met the producer of the new horror film "Creep", about a girl terrorised on the tube at night, starring the gorgeous Franka Potente (the new target of my obsessive fan love). He liked the version of P45 he read, and would like to do some sort of different horror thing with me - I'm up for that, if I do another horror it'll have to be something completely out there, not the usual type of horror. It's so hard to do even a normal, formulaic horror, because it's ALL been done before. So I'm trying to come up with something for that. It's bubbling along in the back of my mind, so hopefully something will come of it. 2007 Update Again: As you may know, Chris Smith directed Creep, but I was meeting his producer purely by chance about something else. We both knew that Chris was in the running to direct Severance, and we couldn't really talk about it... But I casually asked if he'd read it. He smiled, and nodded - and said that he really liked it. So I got my first inkling that it was actually going to happen, at this point.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

sounds absolutely fascinating! really cool stuff!

also, franka potente is adorable, no doubt about that :)

so - what's with a little p45 preview? (i answered a comment you made on my lj a while back, but i'm not sure it ever made it to your email inbox ;))

also - why is it that you're coming over to NYC? is that for movie stuff as well? *curious*

James Moran said...

Franka's mine. I saw her first.

Just a general holiday, thanks to the money from the nice film people. We've never been to NYC, always wanted to go, can't wait to see it. Even staying in a fancy hotel, just because we can. Making the most of it, in case I never sell another single thing...

Cindy said...

*smiles*

nice film people indeed :)
have fun !