Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I did it my way

Just handed in the final, revised version of P45. We've put a lot of work into it - me, the director, the producer - including a 7 hour meeting last week where we literally just went through it, line by line, questioning every little detail and line of dialogue - but we're all really happy with the results. It's funny, it's scary, it's exciting, it's fucking great. Whatever happens, I'm proud of what I did, what *we* did. The only thing it's missing, if they want extra stuff, are some dinosaurs or spaceships or something. We've addressed everybody's concerns, it's all there on the page, it's all working, it all feels right.

Of course, they could come back and want more changes, another draft, whatever, but there comes a time when you have to let the process move on to the shooting stage, let the actors roll with the lines, let the crew work their magic to make it happen, let it all become the collaborative process that it needs to be to become a good movie.

So once again, fingers crossed, let's see if they like it and want to start pre-production (casting, budgets, location scouting, etc). I really want this to start happening soon. I need it to. A lot depends on this not falling apart.

In other news, I'm seeing John the producer on Wednesday afternoon, to meet his German financier - to let him know that I'm real, I know what the story is about, and am capable of writing it. It should go fine, it's not an interview or anything, it's mainly for the financier to see if I'm going to be pleasant and easy to work with. For all the skills people have, that one seems to be the most important.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

's good to read all this happy stuff :)

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

great :) where you from? email me at saramrk@yahoo.com

James Moran said...

I'm from Enfield in Middlesex, which is more or less North London. In the UK, that is, not Enfield, Arizona. How did you come across this blog? Google search, or the Blogger page?