Friday, January 14, 2005

The movie is on - if we can just think of a title...

Blimey, they like keeping me in suspense. Didn't hear anything until Wednesday night, when I got a phonecall from the producer. The film company (and the big cheese) love the new draft. They are ready to move forward now, which means casting next week, and location scouting (probably in Romania). Hopefully the full pre-production will start in February. Thunderbirds are go. I'm over the fucking moon, it's absolutely insane. I'll keep this updated with any changes as often as possible.

Got another phonecall yesterday - we need a title. I've known we would need a new title, but assumed that they had clever marketing people for that sort of thing. So we've all been throwing lots of (really, really shite) titles back and forth, most of which are too embarrassing even to reveal here. We've narrowed it down to about 2 or 3 choices, so I think we're nearly there. If we hadn't been able to think of one, it would have delayed the casting and so on. Yet another movie myth debunked - movie titles are, just like anything else, decided by everyone involved desperately trying to make stuff up...

Met John the producer and the German financier on Wednesday too, to talk about the book adaptation. It went very well, they're determined to get it made, so hopefully we'll sort the contract out soon, and I can get started. I'm dying to write it, it's a great story, and I'm looking forward to the job of adapting a book into a script, even from a technical point of view. I have my highlighter pens all ready and everything.

No comments: