Sunday, March 06, 2005

Birthday boy movie revelations

As of March 5th 2005, I am 33 years old. Happy birthday to me, and so on. I went to Dublin for booze and shenanigans, and had a fucking great time, as always. Have to go back soon, for longer. Last year and this year are the first two birthdays where I haven't felt that I'm wasting my life, it's all gone too quickly, or that my life is effectively over. I'm starting to do what I've always wanted to do, and I couldn't be happier. Some updates on movie things now, move along, nothing to see, only as old as you feel, younger than you look, eye of the beholder, great advances in medical technology, incontinence is nothing to be ashamed of these days, etc etc.

Book adaptation thing: It looks like it might be dead in the water, thanks to contract difficulties and general unpleasantness that I can't go into just yet. I'm hoping it gets sorted out, although at this stage, it would be a relief to not have to deal with the bad side of it. If I find out this week that it's dead, then I'll regale you with the full, gory details. If not, then all is well.

Severance: As the official press release has now gone out, I guess it's okay to reveal this. It will be directed by Christopher Smith, who directed Creep, a very pleasingly nasty horror movie that did extremely well when it came out last month. It's all good news, and is the first "outside" mention of the movie, apart from a brief mention in Variety (when the movie was called P45), and in this extremely widely read blog (six or seven regulars, as far as I know, but only because I keep forgetting to tell my other mates about it). The press release had a couple of slight errors in, but nothing major. Annoyingly though, it totally gives away a key plot point which is supposed to be a surprise...

1 comment:

Paul said...

Yeah, I'm really glad to hear about your movie, and it was great to catch up with you over the weekend... but don't forget the blood oath you made to web comics. I know where you live.