Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Debra Hill

Goodbye to Debra Hill, who died yesterday. She was the co-writer of Halloween and The Fog, and producer of, among many others, Halloween, The Fog, Escape From New York, The Dead Zone, Clue, and The Fisher King. We watched Halloween tonight, as a sort of tribute. Little trivia fact: she was born in Haddonfield, New Jersey - and Halloween was set in the fictional town of Haddonfield, Illinois. It's still a great movie, still makes me jump, even though I know what's coming, even after everything it did has been copied and used over and over and over, by much lesser movies. If anyone remakes it, I'll have to impale them to the wall with a large knife, and then stare at them curiously for a minute, cocking my head to one side.

2007 Update: Looks like I'll have to impale Rob Zombie now, or be exposed as a liar. Oh well. I'll hold on until I've seen the movie, though, to give you a chance. I'm a cruel man, but fair.

1 comment:

Oli said...

Nah, screw it. Impale him now, stop him making it.