Sunday, April 24, 2005

Progress, and sexy scientists

I was hoping to finish Curfew for last Friday, but couldn't manage it. I would have had to rush it, and that's never a good idea. So I've slowed down and taken the time over the weekend to finish it properly, and I think it's very nearly there.

Severance: have to do some urgent stuff for it today and tomorrow, before the sales agent starts selling the distribution rights. I've got a few other things to do for it, too, but mainly some tweaks and things - I'm not sure how much I need to do yet, haven't got all the details in yet. I've also seen a draft version of the poster, for selling purposes, and it blew me away. First, the thought of even having a poster for something I've written is a total headfuck. Second, the poster rocks in so many ways I can't even describe it. It's extremely bloody, which obviously appeals to me. Some sample taglines came through too, all of which were cool. And there are more animatics and storyboards too, which just get better and better. Lots and lots of people are working really hard to make this movie real, based on stuff I just made up in my head. It's the strangest feeling in the world, it really is.

I meant to watch Alias and CSI when they first came out, but for some reason I missed the first episodes of both of them. I can't start watching anything if I've missed even a fraction of it, just physically can't do it, so I left it and left it for ages. Last week, I finally bumped the DVDs up to the top of the list on Lovefilm, and we started watching them. First seasons, first episodes. We're totally hooked on the adventures of the ridiculously sexy forensic scientists and spies. I'm sure there's a good reason why Jennifer Garner has to wear lots of foxy wigs and outfits when going to meet people who've never seen her before and never will again, but I don't care. And whenever the credits start in CSI, I am compelled to say "Marg Helgenberger" out loud, because I love the sound of it, and because she's saucy. The best thing is knowing that we've got 5 seasons of CSI to watch, and 4 of Alias, without having to wait a week for each episode. DVDs of TV shows rock.

No comments: