Thursday, May 05, 2005

Round One

One meeting down, 4 to go. No, actually, 5 to go, because another one got added to my schedule while I was in today's meeting. So, two tomorrow, one Monday, two Tuesday. Today's meeting went well, pretty nerve wracking though. It was one of those places that is so expensive, they don't have the name on the building, and when you go inside, none of the doors have anything written on them - I had to just push doors at random until I found the reception. It was very fancy, very serious looking, and utterly terrifying. I had some time to gather my thoughts, so I sat in silence on the sofa, going over everything in my head. When I went in, I faced two very nice but very serious people. They were friendly and all, interested in who I was and what I was up to, but they wanted to know if I knew my shit, and I got a major grilling. I had answers and solutions for everything, I'd already considered some of the problems they had with the outline, so none of it was a surprise to me. For everything they brought up, I had an answer or a possible solution. I really worked it, I was a dude not to be trifled with. If they decide not to go for it, it won't be because of anything I did. But I'm exhausted now, and just want to sit and space out for a while...

No comments: