Sunday, May 15, 2005

Shenanigans

Nothing to report since the last update - most of the British film industry is now in Cannes, whoring their arses off, and good luck to them, I say. I've got two more meetings lined up for the week of the 23rd, for Curfew, both with decent places that might make offers. The definite offer that I foolishly boasted about in the last post might have evaporated, as there are financial shenanigans going on, so I don't know about that one now. But firm offers won't start coming in for a week or two anyway, so we'll wait and see what happens. Still waiting to hear back from 5 other places, most of whom said they'd let us know what they're doing in a week or so. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I've been going over my other stuff, trying to keep things moving, keep coming out with ideas. There are 2 ideas that have been bubbling away on the backburner, that might get moved to the front of the queue, he said, mixing metaphors. And there's a possible new version of an older thing, which I'm not saying anything about yet, because I don't want to jinx it. Oh fuck it, why not: I'm trying to turn The School into a film script, because it has a better chance of getting made as a film than a TV series. The series had an overall arc to it anyway, so it translates into a film much better than I'd expected. I'm now trying to sort out the pacing and make it fit properly. It's slow going, but I think it's working.

No comments: