Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Well hello Mr FancyPants

Okay, two more companies have responded positively to Curfew, and are hoping to convince their bosses that it's something they need to go for. Got a few more passes, most of which were expected, and none of which bother me. I now have 5 meetings over the next few days, all with people who are interested in it. One tomorrow (Thursday), two on Friday, and two on Tuesday - and one of those is with an extremely large film company. Whether or not any or all of them make an offer could depend on how I come across in the meetings (but hey, no pressure). I need to go in there, be my usual charming self, but also show that I know what I'm doing, and can be trusted to actually write a script for this - I know I can, but they don't. I need to make them realise that I'm The Man. And a big part of that is believing it myself. I have to believe that I can do it. And you know what? I do. I really fucking do. I know it's a kickass story, I know I can write a kickass script, and I know it could be a kickass movie. They all want to meet me, they liked the outline, and they want my stuff. I can do this.

Tomorrow is the first meeting, but before that is the small matter of voting in the General Election - bit of an odd name really, seeing as the results determine who gets into power, should be called the Specific Election, if anything. But I digress. I have no idea who will run the country after tomorrow, and at this stage, I don't even know if I care. I'm sick of hearing about it, I don't trust any of the fuckers, and frankly I think a bunch of drunken ferrets could do as good a job as anyone - no matter who gets in, PFI will still be ruining public services, the trains will still get worse, and we'll still be selling arms to fucking despots. Even so, I like voting, I can't understand why some people don't vote - I get a little power buzz from it, I feel like I've accomplished something. Every vote counts. Especially mine. In fact, mine most of all, because I'm special.

2 comments:

Jodie x said...

Yeah, course you can do it baby. You're cool and they're gonna love you. You mark my words. Mark them. Have you marked them yet? Go on then. Good.

James Moran said...

Dude, those words are so totally marked. Can you feel me marking them? I'm marking them right now. Thanks for my grown up jacket, it'll help me in my attempts to appear grown up...