Friday, June 03, 2005

Poncey Media Wank alert

Okay, I have reached level 8 on the Poncey Media Wankometer. Had another meeting for Curfew today, which was fine, little bit nerve wracking as always, but I somehow mumbled my way through it without saying "er" more than 500 times (it was closer to 398). After that I had a meeting a really cool director who does animation as well as live action stuff. We hit it off really well, and decided to carry on talking, so we went and had a quick lunch. So far, so un-poncey. Here comes the poncey bit: at the same time, probably in some swanky London restaurant, the cool director's agent was having lunch - with *my* agent. So quite literally, My People were doing lunch with His People. While I was having lunch with him.

All I need to do now is join a private member's club, call someone other than Jo "darling" without a trace of irony, and write a script where the main character is a TV producer or screenwriter. Then my Poncey Media Wank rating will be as high as I can possibly manage.

No comments: