Sunday, July 17, 2005

Back in the saddle

Been a bit restless for the past few weeks, didn't get much writing done. I was starting to feel a bit empty, like I'd completely run out of ideas. But it was probably just the heat. Over the past few days, the ideas have been coming back, I've got a couple of new things I'm outlining, and another thing that I'm actually writing in full, which is starting to kick ass. I got loads done today, and am feeling very pleased with myself. So tomorrow I'll probably be very lazy. It's too hot, anyway.

Have to give this a quick mention, if you haven't heard of it. Global Frequency, the fantastic comic by Warren Ellis, was made into a TV pilot. The TV network decided, in their infinite wisdom, that it Wasn't Our Sort of Thing, and shelved it. Somehow, it got out on Bittorrent. Everyone loved it, kicked up a huge fuss, and now it's taken on a sort of life of its own. So now they just might release a DVD version of the pilot that was never shown on TV, thanks to people downloading it and watching it illegally - the same people who are desperate to buy the thing. Cool or what? Check out the full bizarre tale here. And yes, I've seen it, and yes, it's damn good stuff. Sign me up for the DVD version if it comes out.

Update: if you like what you see, please do go to FrequencySite, and do as they command. Spread the word, let people know that there's an audience for it, and we have money to spend. If you want more stories, buy the two graphic novel collections here (book 1) and here (book 2), they're well worth it...

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Holy cow! That stuff's good!!!

I want more!

James Moran said...

You can't have more - the TV station already decided that we wouldn't like it... Although if you follow the links in my update, you can spread the word and maybe get a DVD release of the pilot, and then buy the original comics, which are fab...

Cindy said...

Once I'm not broke anymore, I shall. Gladly :)

Assistant Atlas said...

Hey, wanna really help GF? I've got some helpful info on my site. Trust me, it'll take you ten minutes, it's free and fun and it'll help overturn Hollywood as we know it. Please help. I'm just a lowly, newly-unemployed Ho'wood assistant and I'm up against a multinational media conglomerate-- so this ain't gonna work without you. I know I'd appreciate it. So would Miranda Zero.
Best Regards,
Assistant/Atlas

James Moran said...

Consider me signed up and emailing. But don't tell anyone, or I'll have to have us all killed, for security reasons, etc etc.