Thursday, August 11, 2005

"...for Victory"

Severance officially finished filming last Friday. Now, the editing begins, along with, presumably, the effects, the sound, the music, the colour correction, and all that magical madness that happens. On Friday I'm going to see some more of the footage. There are two scenes in particular I'm dying to see. I'll drag Jo along with me, so I can keep pausing, rewinding, and shouting "look, look!" during exciting bits, even when she's already looking at the screen.

Just watched the first episode of the old "V" series. I've had the DVD for ages, was terrified that it wouldn't be as amazingly cool as I remember from when I saw it as a kid. But holy shit, it stands up pretty well. Great build up, nice tension, clever script, good effects, and a really powerful, emotional impact. If you haven't seen it, check it out. If you saw it years ago, check it out anyway, you might be surprised at how good it is. Apart from the crafty plotting and clever scripts, the effects still look cool. Models and matte paintings date much better than CGI. And it's interesting to see how much Independence Day was inspired by the early scenes in it.

Things keep moving along. More ideas appear, older ones are refined and updated, rubbish ones are thrown out. I'm also about to take a risk. Can't go into details here, but it's something that every part of me is screaming at me not to do - but something I absolutely must do, if I have any sense. I'm scared. I was almost sick with worry today. But I'm fairly sure I'm doing the right thing.

3 comments:

knifegirl said...

I loved V when I was a kid. Glad to hear it held up after all these years.

Anonymous said...

Abramoff Goes Down
The latest chatter in cyberspace. Abramoff Goes Down By David Wallace-Wells Posted Friday, Aug ... Like many on the left, Jack thinks those shoes might just belong to Texas Rep.
What's up!?! you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a hip hop rap song site/blog. It pretty much covers hip hop rap song related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Cindy said...

*crosses fingers from across the ocean* ;)