Thursday, August 18, 2005

Slightly hungover

Well, we went along to see more dailies (the rough, unedited shots), and as predicted, I rewound certain scenes several times, shouting "did you see that???" Jo hadn't seen any proper footage until then, and was very impressed. I saw the two things I was dying to see, and they are pretty fucking spectacular. Can't wait to see a rough cut. I think the editing goes on for another 5 or 6 weeks, if I remember rightly, and then there will be a test screening, and maybe some more slight tweaks. Apparently it's all going very well, which of course it would, because it rocks.

And I went to a party last night, hosted by the film company's Big Cheese, to celebrate the end of filming on Severance. I don't think I embarrassed myself too much. I may have pissed in the salad, though. While screeching with laughter. With my pants on my head. But apart from that, I had a fairly quiet night. It was cool to see everyone again, and quite bizarre to be sitting with them instead of watching them trying to make a movie in a forest.

The short film is progressing nicely - I'm very close to a final draft of the script, and the director and his producers are working really hard to get everything ready. They're hoping to shoot in September, and they're not hanging about. The director's done some cool storyboards/concept drawings, which really help me to visualise it. I'm very impressed at how fast it's all going.

4 comments:

soulmining said...

Will you be able to get to the test screening do you reckon? Or will they just test it on a random bunch of punters?

James Moran said...

I think they usually snap up people who are in the queue for other horror movies, to make sure they don't get a cinema full of people who hate horror - it'll just be to make sure they understand everything, that the plot is clear enough, and so on. I won't be at the test, as they'll want to fill as many seats with real people, and I'd be too terrified anyway...

Cindy said...

So - when I visit next time - can we watch dailies? Or rough cuts? Or, hm... the real movie but with you two there holding my hand!?

James Moran said...

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to bring things home, in case I pirate them, or lose them, or sell them to some villains. But hopefully, the next time you're here, it'll be out in cinemas...