Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Birds is coming!

Now *this* is modern art: "...a birdcage containing 150 pigeons and 45 children made from moose mixed with compacted bird grain. In what seems to be a recreation courtyard, girls and boys play with marbles or squabble while the pigeons are slowly devouring them."

Too cool. Fake kids made of mushed up bird food, dressed in clothes and posed, upon which the pigeons are unleashed. So it looks like hordes of pigeons are EATING CHILDREN ALIVE, as you watch. That's my kind of entertainment.

By the way, the title of this post is the tagline for The Birds, dreamed up by Hitchcock, partly because he knew it would drive grammar freaks absolutely mad.

8 comments:

knifegirl said...

Genius! The picture there is priceless. Now, they say "...children made from moose mixed with...". I wonder why the artist went with moose in particular.

James Moran said...

I can't tell if it's chocolate moose or normal moose - usually the antlers are a dead giveaway, but they must have removed them for the photo...

soulmining said...

That's so wrong! Brilliant!!

Cindy said...

For more piccies:
http://www.biennale-de-lyon.org/bac2005/angl/artistes/attia.htm


The moose thing had me flabberghasted... I mean - feeding moussed moose to pigeons!? I checked the French version, and at least according to them there is no moose in the mousse. Phew. I'm relieved.

James Moran said...

There's no moose in the mousse?? Don't tell the pigeons, whatever you do. Moose is in their contracts.

Cindy said...

what happened to my comment? *confused*

James Moran said...

It's either a Blogger or a Firefox "feature" - you can still select the link by selecting and dragging to the end of the line - then all the comments disappear off to the left. But if you do the same in reverse, they all come back. Probably safer to do a tinyurl or something.

Cindy said...

It looks fine now. But when I posted that comment, I couldn't see my previous comment. All it said was: "cindy said..." but not what it was I had allegedly said. After I posted the panicked comment, the old comment reappeared. Weird...