Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Greetings and salutations

Hello to the many visitors who've come here via Danny Stack's blog - I was surprised to see my stats jump up from their normal pitiful levels, then saw that Mr S had written all sorts of nice things about me and linked me up. So hello to you all. Feel free to have a wander through the archives, you'll find lots of swearing, ranting, babbling, and occasionally a brief mention of my writing exploits. I also curse Greg Rusedski's name quite a lot - but that's a long story.

4 comments:

Chris (UK Scriptwriter) said...

Hi there,

I am one of the ones finding their way via Danny Stack, and yes, I'm in the UK.

I've never done this with a blog before but I read all of the archives, and I must say this blog gives me hope. I have just finished my first spec script and had some notes done on it. I guess I'm in the position you were a few years ago.

I actually found reading the archive exciting and was keen to learn the progress of Severance. It made me want to leave work early and write. I was putting off starting on the second draft as I'm moving house, but I think I'll start tonight.

How did you feel when you saw your name on imdb.com for the first time?

I'll add you to my blogroll.

Chris
http://ukscriptwriter.blogspot.com/

James Moran said...

Hey Chris - cheers for that, it's made the whole thing worthwhile. It's really cool to hear that it's inspired someone to get back to the coal face (or keyboard). Never put it off! (says Mr Putter Offer himself)

The imdb thing is a very strange feeling. You simultaneously think "cool, I'm on there!" and "shit, people can see me..." The Film 2005 thing was even worse, I was excited, but kind of scared too. I plan on shitting my pants while laughing hysterically when the movie is actually released. I wouldn't want to be the cinema cleaners *that* day.

Paul Draper said...

This blog is the Rolling Stones to Danny Stack's Beatles.

James Moran said...

Cheers! Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll be prancing around in leather trousers when I'm 70...