Monday, October 24, 2005

Publishing is in progress...

...this may take several hours if you decide to change templates, and piss about in Photoshop for ages because you're determined to give yourself a fancy, personalised image header.

Please to be admiring my spanking new redesign. And when I say "redesign", I mean that I chose a different Blogger template. I did edit the header image, though, which was quite tricky. The stripey lines are from the Severance clapperboard, the photo is of the crew setting up a movie spotlight, the bars in the bottom left are supposed to look like a volume equaliser display (I don't know why, I just felt like doing it), and the little grey shapes scattered about are various warning symbols. And of course the pen and spork you've already met. I kept the same layout as the original image, which I'm quite proud of. As for the text shadow - the white text is in the image, and the black text is displayed by Blogger, giving it a shadow effect. Yeah. Photoshop is my bitch.

12 comments:

Jodie x said...

Oooooh! Aaaaaah!

soulmining said...

Good work! I can't publish anything on my blog this afternoon, it just goes round and round and round... 0% published. Boo!

Chris (UK Scriptwriter) said...

James - Turner prize me thinks?

soulmining - I had the same experience. There must be things amiss at blogspot.

James Moran said...

Ah, I thought it was just me. Stayed at 0% for ages and ages, then either died or just kept going. I then ended up posting it twice, and couldn't delete the duplicate for ages.

Cindy said...

Cool! Though not sure I like the pink links. But I love the piccy... Teach me more photoshop - now! ;)

James Moran said...

The pink links never sat right with me, so I changed them. Then the colours didn't match, so I changed the image. Then it all looked shite, so I made it all blacks, whites, and greys, and now it looks very tasteful and arty. Which just makes me want to say even more depraved things, much like a child is compelled to smear shit on a clean wall. At least, that's what I imagine children do these days, with their heavy metal satan worshipping and their long hair. Yes, even babies. Don't be fooled; they can speak *perfect* English as soon as they're born. Even the foreign ones.

Paul Draper said...

"like a child is compelled to smear shit on a clean wall" is my favourite phrase of today.

I will try and crowbar it into as many conversations as possible until I go to bed.

James Moran said...

Paul, I'm so proud of you. Spread my filthy message!

Paul Draper said...

I will spread it like a child is compelled to smear shit on a clean wall.

Ok that's one.

Jools said...

Get a proper job, ye hoor! Swanning about scribbling on t'internet while the rest of your poor family have to work down t'pit to keep you in chocolate mousse!

James Moran said...

Get back down t'pit, you lazy swine! You and the rest of my so-called "family" Would you have me starve? And what do I do if I run out of chocolate mousse, just eat the caviar and nothing else? I'm not a peasant!

Jools said...

See how he treats us? I bet he's not even going to buy us sparkly helmets with lamps for the premiere.