Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ideas, projects, snakes, and planes

Showreel arrived from the animation company - a DVD in a really cool, slimline, custom case, as opposed to the usual crappy videotape in a thin cardboard box. I now have to come up with something worthy of their animation skills. I have something that might work, but I need to go over it again, it's not quite ready yet.

The other secret project thing is going well, and is just about at the outline stage. More details soon. I know I keep saying that, but I have to wait for something to happen that will let me reveal all. I'm relying on other people to sort things out before I can say anything.

And another movie script idea has finally started coming to life. It's been very vague so far, but now the characters, situations and background are coming together, and a story is forming from them. It'll have to be a spec script, as it's not a high concept thing - this one is all about the character interplay, dialogue and actions, and you can't really get that across in an outline, you have to actually read the thing in full. Obviously though, I'll do an outline for myself, just to make sure the story hangs together. My other things take priority at the moment, so this will be something to work on when I'm stuck on other stuff, or when I have a spare hour or two. I'm having lots of fun with it already, and am really looking forward to getting started properly.

More importantly than any of that: my snakes flying a plane t-shirt arrived. It's nothing to do with that movie, just a happy coincidence - but it's a good way of showing your appreciation for what is surely to be the defining cinematic moment of 2006. Also, as the site says, "if there's better way to pretend to be an airplane with snakes flying it then I'd like to hear it." I wanted one for both of those reasons. And because the snakes just look so cheerful.

9 comments:

soulmining said...

That is the coolest t-shirt ever. I want one!

James Moran said...

It's fab, innit? Some of their others are quite funny too, but that one is a work of genius. Snakes on a plane! Snakes on a plane!

Jools said...

We managed to get a look at the Film 2005 bit on Friday night at Sara's house. We all sat there with inane grins on our faces watching Jonathan Ross talking about it, even Ma was impressed!
I presume the crowd of naughty nurses and girls in bras are essential to the plot?

James Moran said...

Yay! That's cool, glad you all liked it. Fucking mental, innit, old Wossy banging on about something I'm a part of?

I'm insulted and offended that you think I would be involved in anything that gratuitously shows naughty nurses in stockings and girls in their underwear. I'm shocked, shocked! that you would think of me in that way. They actually *are* essential to the plot, now that we've made them essential to it...

elliot said...

just a quick note to say-saw severance a few weeks back in piccadilly. had a fantastic night, great bar, great people...but most importently-bloody great film.my girlfriend cowered next to me whenever a knife came out,i laughed outragiously at the beartrap,loved the satire to bits,christopher was a nice drunk advising me "it aint fucking hard! if you like films its piss easy.so do it!". cant wait to get back in the flip seat and see it again.hahahaha im still giggling at most of it in ma head.ma head of goo...funny goos.

James Moran said...

Cheers Elliot, it's cool that you liked it. I can't wait until it's on release, I'm going to go and see it loads just to hear the audience reaction. Chris is well jolly when he's had a few, isn't he? Anyway, go and see it again when it's out, and tell your friends, spread the word...

soulmining said...

I was rather giddy yesterday and changed my Avatar to this...

James Moran said...

Damn, that beats my psychotic axeman one. I need to kill someone again, to get a better photo...

Kas said...

Hey man, check out my SNAKES ON A PLANE flickr group!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/25242674@N00/