Saturday, November 12, 2005

Severed once again

Okay, lots of work on various things going on, so I've been a bit quiet here. But I had to post a quick one because I went to another screening of Severance yesterday, and felt compelled to rave about it. Even though I think there's only 2 or 3 minutes trimmed out of it along with a few other changes since the last screening, it made a *massive* difference. It moved along really nicely, I laughed at the funny stuff even more than last time, still jumped at the bits that I knew were coming, and just had a great time. I was in the back row, and could feel the audience vibe better - I think they were mostly financiers and distribution people, and I expected them to observe a grim silence, so as not to betray any emotions, but they were really going for it. They laughed, they jumped, they chuckled in delight at a certain ultra-satisfying moment near the end, and seemed to enjoy themselves a lot. It's much, much better, and looks ready to rock, as far as I can tell. Everything works, the pace is perfect, I couldn't be happier. It's a strange movie, it's primarily a horror *and* a comedy (but not a comedy-horror, there's a difference), but there's action, suspense, and moments that are utterly surreal. It's just a fucking great night out at the movies, which is the best anyone could hope for.

8 comments:

michellez said...

Excitement! Thrills! Sounds like it's going to be awesome and I can't wait.

soulmining said...

Cool... I hope you told them that it's got to be released before February for me, thanks!! ;-) Good to see on Thursday, cheeky chops!

James Moran said...

Thrills *and* spills, no less!

I've had a "Phil's holiday clause" inserted into my contract, don't worry... Blimey, good job I left when I did, I was well up for another cheeky chops or three, and that would have been the end of me for the day.

Chris (UK Scriptwriter) said...

Glad to hear you are still excited. Then again, picturing me in your shoes, I can't imagine how it would get dull.

You need to get back out there on your bike while you are still in a good mood :)

Jools said...

Bike? Haven't you bought a diamond-encrusted gold limo yet?

Andrew Aguecheek said...

You clearly have never ridden over speed-humps in a diamond-encrusted gold limo. It does not come highly recomended.

Paul Draper said...

Love reading about this excitement, when is the general release pencilled in for?

James Moran said...

If I ever get on a bike again, it'll have a big, cushioned, fluffy seat. A low seat. Where I can sit back, and not feel like I'm standing on my hands.

If I have my gold limo encrusted with diamonds, you won't be able to see the gold - I want one gold, one diamond, and one chocolate.

Still not sure of a release date - the earliest they could manage would probably be Jan or Feb, but I don't know. If I had my way, I'd release it now, so it's just as well I don't have my way...