Monday, January 02, 2006

Merry nooyeeer!

Every single year, I am compelled to shout that, thanks to Eddie Murphy in Trading Places. Pic was taken about midnight, at the top of a hill in Sowerby Bridge, in Yorkshire, at my sister Fiona's house. Minutes later, we were all nearly killed when one of our own fireworks went wrong. I say "nearly killed", but I mean "nearly slightly singed". I'll post the video soon, it's brilliant - all the other rockets were fine, except for the one that hit the power line and fell right down in front of us, just before exploding.

I'll be posting updates soon, I have two Proper Posts About Writing Stuff to do.


Danny Stack said...

"Would you like some beef jerky?"

Was Trading Places on over Christmas? And if not, why not? And why should I complain when I should have it in me DVD collection anyway... (probably because I feel I know if off by heart already).

James Moran said...

It wasn't, shamefully - it's a Christmas and New Year movie all rolled into one. Even if you've got the DVD of any particular movie though, when you catch it just starting on the telly, sometimes you have to watch it. Because, you know, *it's on now*!

That's due another viewing soon, I think, I never get tired of it. I still have no idea what they're actually doing with the bits of paper in the trading room, but I love it anyway.

Chris (UK Scriptwriter) said...

I'm funny with films over Christmas. I had an urge to go and rent Home Alone, The Family Man and Planes, Trains and Autombiles (not Christmas but close enough).

I did get to watch my daughters Muppets family Christmas again, and again, and again, and again, etc... Ah, The Sweedish Chef (hee hee) :)

James Moran said...

Planes, Trains and Automobiles counts, because there's turkey, and everyone's trying to get home at the same time. Muppet Christmas Carol was good fun, must get the rest of their movies, I love the first couple in particular.

Tim Clague said...

And I thought just me and me mate Dave the Rave did the Merry New Year thing! One of those moments that must have looked worthless on the page but magic on film!