Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Precious things, and local people

I've just sat down, with Jo, and watched a 90 minute speech by the CEO of a computer and technology company, where he outlined their sales figures, plans, new and future products, and played some new adverts. And we loved every minute of it.


Because that CEO is Steve Jobs, and that company is Apple.

Check. This. Out.

I want it. I want it now. Want MacPr0n. There are also some great updates to their iLife and iWork suites, which I'm looking forward to checking out - when we can eventually justify replacing our existing perfectly good Macs, that is, and when we have several thousand spare quid lying around. I know I go on about Macs a lot, but switching over has saved me so much time and hassle, I just feel like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. They're a joy to use, really powerful, user friendly, and bloody gorgeous too. However, I deny all rumours concerning a sexual relationship between me and my machine, I've never engaged in that sort of behaviour. Except that one time.

In other news, I had a cool evening down the pub with a group of London screenwriters who get together now and again, top blokes every one of them. Matt, who I met last Friday, invited me along, and has allegedly started his own blog, although there is no solid evidence as yet. Hello to you all if you're reading this, thanks for having me along, I'll definitely be back.


Kas said...

Hey James,
Twas great to meet you after reading your blog - thanks for coming on down. Bit weird to get home from the pub and see your night already part of bloggin history!
See you again soon,

James Moran said...

I thought about waiting for a day or two, so I wouldn't look like such a technerd, but then I saw the Mac wankathon I'd just typed, and thought fuck it, let's get all the geekery out the way right now.

Likewise, cool to meet you and the guys, it was great fun. I'll try and get there on time next time...

Lee said...

I finally got a chance to watch the video, and, meh. Maybe I've seen Steve Jobs do too many of these now, I just don't fall for the routine any more. But the new iMacs are fucking sweet.

And at last, Cocoatech have released PathFinder 4, so it's goodbye to the fecking Finder. Happy day!

James Moran said...

Yeah, uncle Steve did seem a bit off his game, coughing and pausing a lot - I heard a rumour that there was a much bigger product they'd had to leave out at the last minute for supply reasons, but that's probably just the usual Mac rumourfest. Is this Pathfinder thing any good? The only thing I'm not keen on is the Finder, it's a weird arrangement.

Lee said...

Pathfinder is brill. Version 4 is a complete re-write, so it may have a few unquashed bugs lying around, but it's cleaner, faster and more fully featured than Finder.

Cocoatech offer a 21 day demo. I've been using it instead of Finder all day, and it's marvellous.

James Moran said...

Bugger, v4 is only for Tiger! I feel like a caveman now, the Mac version of Google Earth is Tiger only, too. I'll have to download the previous version, how embarrassing...