Friday, March 17, 2006

Movie updates

Today was another Curfew meeting, trying to finetune it and get rid of any dead areas or ideas. It's getting better all the time, and I can't wait to start the full script. Don't know when the outline will be finished properly, but hopefully soon.

Today is also Jo's birthday, and St Paddy O'Irish Day, so remember, if you catch a leprechaun, he'll give you the pot of gold at the end of his rainbow. Make sure he's a leprechaun though, and not a mugger. Rainbows aren't down dark alleys.

Yesterday was a screening of Severance for some suits - traditionally, suit types sit in a stony silence, caressing the tiny black lump of coal that is their heart, occasionally staring up from their Blackberries and muttering "it's dark in here, what is that moving image in front of me, I fear the loud noises". So we packed out the screening room with loads of real people who haven't seen it - when you're watching a comedy or a horror, it always plays better with a full house. I invited loads of mates, and various scoundrels, and it went down a storm. Everyone had a great time. I was really nervous beforehand, I mean, I'm really proud of the movie, don't get me wrong - but now they were seeing the finished version, and would decide if they like it or not. It was almost like I was in a play or something, and they were in the audience. But it was great, they were all really enthusiastic, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm still buzzing from it, it was such a good feeling. Thanks to all of you for coming and supporting it, I really appreciate it. Anyway, the suits all liked it, so it's looking like it might be released after summer - spring is pretty much over now, and apparently there's some fucking football competition on during the summer, or something. I'll let you know when there's a definite decision either way.

Some quick links now, because it's Friday, and I'm in a great mood, if still slightly hungover.

Live action recreation of the Simpsons intro - some people clearly had a lot of free time, just look at the attention to detail. All together now: Theeeee Siiiiimpsooooooons...

At last! The official Snakes on a Plane trailer is here! All together now: "Enough is enough - I've had it with the snakes!"

Christian rap version of Baby Got Back - Baby Got Bible. Yep. They thought the best way to spread the word about Christianity would be a cover of a song about big asses. And yes, they replaced "me so horny" with "me so holy"... All together now: "I wanna get wit'ya - cause your bible's got pictures!"

The original pilot for Buffy, never shown on TV - it's only 25 minutes, a bit rough and ready in places, and Willow is played by someone else, but you can still see what a great idea it is, and how much potential it has. I'd always heard the original pilot was unwatchable, with terrible makeup effects, but it's really good fun. So go and watch it before YouTube gets hit with a cease and desist.

9 comments:

Jools said...

So if the suits like it, does that mean it's going to make you very very rich so you can buy us all extensive plastic surgery?
I'll have some liposuction and a facelift please!

James Moran said...

Quiet you, get back up that chimney and keep sweeping. And don't steal my soot!

Jools said...

That does it, I'm phoning the News of the World to expose you! (Or at least, I will when you get famous, so hurry up!!)

Jools said...

And you're too late, I already flogged your soot on eBay.

Lee said...

And I must say, it's perfect for my dark voodoo schemes.

James Moran said...

Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it infamy!

soulmining said...

Thanks for the invite, we loved the film. Fingers crossed all the suits did too...

That Snakes On A Plane footage is hilarious... apparently the FX haven't been finished yet, could you tell?

Good to see you and Jodie on Saturday... Have you watched Night Of The Creeps yet? Heh heh...

Jodie said...

Night of the Creeps was so much fun - it 'thrilled me'. They sure don't make 'em like that anymore.

soulmining said...

I've got good news and bad news...

You've been tagged!

http://feedthepony.blogspot.com/2006/04/ive-been-tagged.html