Sunday, April 09, 2006

Updates

Severance: had a small screening last week to see how it plays with the new volume setting. It had been too quiet before, suffice to say that that is no longer a problem. Cinemas will be supplying cotton wool to dab away the blood seeping out of your ears. A particular scene is ten times more painful with the volume whacked up, it's great.

Curfew: the finished version of the outline was handed in last Thursday 6th. The big important people backing the thing financially will now read it, and decide whether I should go to script or not. I've worked really, really hard on this thing, and I'm very proud of what I've achieved.

Apparently, I have a cousin, also called James, who is also trying to break into screenwriting - he's James Donohue, who recently won the BBC's Last Laugh competition, by completing a sitcom script. It'll be made into a pilot, and shown sometime this year. So well done OtherJames, wherever you are. Obviously though, now we might both be competing for the same jobs, so I must destroy you.

I've got one or two other things on the go, nothing definite yet, so I won't go into details - two new ideas, and one potential job that could be very interesting.

3 comments:

Robin said...

The infamous nuns vs. giant crab scene is so much *crunchier* through a THX-certified system.

James Moran said...

Coh, thanks for the spoiler warning - now everyone knows there's a giant crab...

Jools said...

Giant nuns would have been funnier!