Monday, May 29, 2006

Paul Gleason

Moment of blogosphere silence please, for the late, great Paul Gleason, a superb character actor.

Deputy Chief Dwayne T. Robinson: "They're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess."

Richard Vernon: "Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns."

And my favourite of his roles, Clarence Beeks: "I'll rip out your eyes and piss on your brain." And: "Don't try anything funny, or the whore loses a kidney." And of course, the simple, but beautifully delivered line, when a woman is hassling him to get off a payphone: "(to phone) Hold on - (to woman outside) Fuck off." That creases me up every time, he plays it so deadpan.

Why not watch one of those movies this week. You won't regret it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck Off is one of my favourite lines from one of my favourite movies.

Even your reference to it there made me laugh.

I will keep thinking of it, and laughing throughout the day in his honour.

Danny Stack said...

Clarence Beeks! Love that dude...

The Moviequill said...

thanks to AMC I got to watch Breakfast Club 17 times the other month... RIP Mr. Gleason