Thursday, May 04, 2006

Severance cast and crew screening

It was great. It was in the Prince Charles Cinema, pretty much a full house, and went over really well. I was quite shocked to hear how loud the laughter and gasping was, it was my first time seeing it with such a huge audience - but it won't be my last. I'm hooked on it now, can't get enough of that sweet, sweet audience reaction crack. Nearly everyone was there, including Tim, Claudie and Andy. Derren Brown turned up, but I kept well away from him, in case he put me to sleep to make me do terrible things. Ed Harcourt was there, who I'd never met before - he does the cover of "We'll meet again" over the end credits, has a fantastic voice, and is a really cool guy. I was chatting to him for ages in the bar, the man really knows his movies.

After the screening, we all went to 6 Degrees on Frith Street, which I realised later was the restaurant in The Getaway that you have to smash up - I've been shot to death just by this door many times, but last night I was standing there drinking instead. It was so much fun, I chatted to loads of people, including Ed and his wife, their friends, my agent Jago and his wife Tiffany, Andy, Claudie, Tim, Chris and Jason, Kas and Matt (sorry for getting lured away and abandoning you, I was quite drunk by that stage), and many others whose names I never caught. I got very drunk on the free booze, but managed to not make a total arse of myself. However, I did fall madly in love with Ed, Andy, and Claudie, and I think I may have told them this. Hopefully they won't remember, otherwise I'll have to hunt them down and murder them. Normally I find these media party things a bit difficult, and don't know what to do with myself, but this one was great. I am extremely hungover now though, and have a 3 hour meeting this afternoon, so it's time for the coffee and pro-plus, I think.

It looks like the release date will be the 25th of August, which is a good place to be apparently. I'll update this if I hear anything more definite, but as far as I know, that's the day. I'm so excited about it, I kind of forget that all this is going on, because my job in it ended ages ago, and then when I go to these screenings I think "holy shit, is this really happening, is this really my film?" It's quite surreal, but a massive buzz at the same time. I'm incredibly proud of it, and of what we all achieved together.

But now I need some more painkillers, so go and read something else while I recover.

4 comments:

soulmining said...

You see, I was right about it being August 25th! Very interesting as that ties in with FrightFest, I wonder if they'll schedule it as the opening film perhaps??? Hmmmm...

Glad the screening went well, you media whore!

Dom Carver said...

So you didn't go with the neon pink hot-pants and nipple rings then?

Nice one, James. Take the experience of last night and use it when ever need a little motivation writing.

James Moran said...

Cheers geezers - it was such a good laugh, and made me feel all important. Oh, and along with the free booze were some free plates of chicken strips and chips! Cashback!

Anonymous said...

You're refering to famous people by just their first names. You show-off.

...

Can't wait for the film.