Monday, July 17, 2006

Starburst review

Severance gets 4 out of 5 in issue 339 of Starburst magazine (which covers genre movies and TV, not the popular chewy sweets), with a great review by top movie bloke and FrightFest co-organiser Alan Jones:

"As funny as it is frightening, with clashing styles that shouldn't work but do brilliantly, 'Severance' is a charnel house cut above 'Deliverance'. Continually impish, crazy and chilling, it's terrifically twisty 'And Then There Were None' plotline is performed with ensemble élan by a super-troupe of classy character actors."

It's available in all good newsagents now (Starburst magazine, not Severance). You can always have a quick flick in the shop, if you don't want to pay 4 quid to stroke my ego. And yes, I'm excited. Seeing it there, printed in an actual magazine, is quite bizarre, because this is something Real People will buy in the shops. It'll be even stranger to see it listed in cinemas.

5 comments:

Dom Carver said...

I shall keep an eye out for shady blue haired blokes standing around giggling to themselves and staring, the next time I'm browsing the magazine shelves.

Anonymous said...

Hi James its Nephew James here, all the way from batley, West Yorkshire. I just wondered do you ever just sit back in your chair and think 'wow, i ahve a film coming out in CINEMAS!' Must be a cool feeling.

James Moran said...

Hello there Nephew James, Uncle James here in Jolly Olde London Town. I certainly do think that - not all the time, like when I'm just doing normal, boring things, cause you can't think about it constantly. But then now and again, it'll suddenly hit me, and I'll think bloody hell, that's a bit mad, isn't it? Then I get all excited for a bit. But then it sort of goes away again for a while, because it's not released yet, and I have to take the bins out or clean my teeth... It's like being in two different worlds sometimes, very strange and very cool.

culturalelite said...

I wrote a little thing on my blog about 'severance' the other day because of what i'd read over at 'feed the pony', Hopefully I'll get to see this at frightfest...

It's good to see the first reviews rolling in, and hopefully you'll get some good word of mouth and it'll get some 'shaun of the dead'type success.

James Moran said...

Cool, cheers for the mention - hope you enjoy it! As far as I know, tickets go on sale 1st August for the pre-FF screening, keep an eye on the FF site and forum just in case.