Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Website update and links

The official site has been updated, with screams and pumping blood effects - and there's now a game where you have to knock the limbs off a strung up office twat, by kicking a severed head at him. Kicking with a severed leg, obviously. Check it out.

Some places Severance is popping up online:

Empire Future Films (thanks to Ruth for the link)

Out Now - worth a look at the targeted adverts: Constructive dismissal, employment law compliance, know your legal rights to severance pay, compromise agreements...

The trailer on YouTube

Severance wins Jury's Choice Award at PiFan (Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival) in Korea - thank you, lovely Koreans, and also the lovely Lamberto Bava, who was on the jury.

And the poster was spotted in the Showcase cinema in Leeds by my niece Emily - here are two of her friends being shocked and impressed:

Severance poster, being admired by Emily's friends

8 comments:

Jools said...

Blimey, Nick and I went to the Showcase on Sunday to see Pirates of the Caribbean, and didn't see any posters, even though we were looking for them. Good job Emmy isn't as blind as a bat!

Dan said...

At what point do they cease to be effective so we can steal them? The posters, not your nieces.

Wouldn't want to damage the ad campaign by taking them now.

I'm still talking about the posters.

Dom Carver said...

Leeds eh? Ooh the heady heights of fame ;-)

Danny Stack said...

That game is hilarious. I've already wasted most of the morning kicking the head to great success...

rawshark said...

...and I still haven't managed to knock the poor bloke's block off...

Will not rest until I've severed a head!

Dom Carver said...

I blame you entirely, Mr. James 'I love blood' Moran!!!!!!!

One of my fellow night workers nearly chopped his finger off last night. Instead of administering first aid and packing him off to the hostpital to get it stitched I stood their fasinated as he pumped blood all over the place. He must have lost half a litre before I finally put a bandage on it.

Anonymous said...

hiyaa! i'm on that picture! i'm the one with the dark hair on the right. i can't believe i'm on your website! emily just told me and i was like oh my god!!! haha. thank you for putting me on your site. can't wait until the film comes out! from becca xxx

James Moran said...

Hmm, I can't get the bastard's head off, just his arm and leg. Insert "an arm and a leg" joke here.

Dom: Remind me never to go team building with you in Hungary.

Becca: Hello! That's okay, it was a very good shocked and impressed expression. Now, don't forget to bring all your friends to the movie, even if they hate horror movies, tell them it's their patriotic duty, or something...