Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Do not adjust your blog

Blogging is currently experiencing delays, due to leaves on the line, and about 100 trains trying to use the same bit of track. As expected, after a quiet period everything suddenly needs doing at the same time. Got the Curfew meeting tomorrow, and starting the revisions immediately after that. Need to finish an outline for another director (Hi Mr. H! Ooh, secret messages!) for a different secret project, carry on with another secret thing which is at script stage, rewrite my untitled comedy spec, finish my side of another semi-secret collaboration, finish off a new outline pitch that may turn into my next solo feature gig, start another outline which will a paid job thing, and come up with stuff for two possible TV things. Sounds exciting - and it is - but only one of these actually involves getting paid right now, the rest are all either on spec, on the off chance, or with agreements in place and nominal fees. So it's all good, and I'm very very busy, but most of it will pay off later on (which I'm cool with, and knew up front), and therefore there's nothing to really announce yet. I'm also working on some bigger blog posts to answer questions, hopefully the first one will be up tomorrow. And I need to return some phonecalls.

And I'm also waiting to hear back about 2 very good, big, important things which would totally kick me into another level of coolness. But if I even gave you a tiny, tiny hint, you would all be rounded up, tortured, shot, and buried in unmarked graves. In really stony ground. Somewhere cold. Ooh, was that a clue? No, it wasn't, sorry, I'm toying with you. Ooh! "Toy"ing - was THAT a clue?? Possibly... except it isn't. Haven't you learned your lesson by now? Hmm? "Lesson"?? Now that is definitely a clue. Nah, not really.

Quick Severance thingies: Nominated for a BIFA for "Best Achievement in Production", whatever that means. And if you fancy owning the actual costume of the killer that Maggie has a big fight with in Severance, someone's selling it on eBay - you can bid for it here, it's currently at just over two quid, post and packing is twenty quid. It is the real thing, I can confirm, they won it in a competition so it's all fair and square. Cheers to Dom for spotting it, presumably when he was searching for pirate DVDs of Severance, or nudie photos of Joan Severance. Either way Dom, I've contacted the police, so just give me any nudie photos you have, and we'll say no more about it. Update: The killer costume got re-listed, and eventually went for 33 quid and 2 pence. Bargain.

8 comments:

Dom Carver said...

I can't remember what I was searching for now.... film memorablia or something.... possibly...????

Oh bugger, what's the use? OK, I admit it, the nudie pictures are in the post.

By the way, stop with all the secret stuff, we want, nay we demand, substance!!!!!!

Lucy said...

"Need to finish an outline for another director (Hi Mr. H! Ooh, secret messages!) for a different secret project"

I also have a secret project with a secret bloke/tte. And am delighting in telling people it's secret and I can't tell anyone. Hah!

Dom Carver said...

All these secrets and the new James Bond film has just been released...coincidence???? I think not.

Piers said...

Dammit, I have no secret projects. I feel all left out.

potdoll said...

i think it would be in everyone's best interests if i took hold of any nudie photos that might be flying around.

Lucy said...

Ye jest, Potty - they're mine I tell ye.

soulmining said...

Nudie pictures? Secrets? What? Oh... you're doing a naked centrefold for a ladies mag you say? Eh? I'm confused... Sorry, who are you again?

Anonymous said...

I live in the US, and I can't wait until Severance finally opens here on May 18th! Looks like a great film, and I've heard only good things about the gore and humor! You can find the first US trailer for it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_OvalMWhAg