Monday, January 15, 2007

Number one with an ass-knife


As of today, Severance is the number one top selling DVD in the country. Yes, it went straight in as a new entry at number one, top of the charts, the official DVD charts.

Thank you so much to everyone who bought it, borrowed it, watched it, liked it, talked about it, mentioned it, linked to it, thought about it, walked near it, sniffed it, touched it, or otherwise had any kind of influence on it at all - you all made it hit the top spot. You rock!

It's fab to be number one, I can't quite believe it. It even hit number 3 in the play.com sales chart, and got as high as 7 at Amazon, which is amazing considering that that includes all their sales and pre-orders. It is SO weird seeing it in shops and windows. I saw it in WHSmith's today, and felt slightly detached from myself for a moment, and thought everyone would suddenly stop and stare at me (they didn't, thankfully). It's the strangest feeling. Once again, thank you all for the support, and for getting the movie out there. It's so cool to get feedback and nice messages from so many people, I'm really proud that you all liked the movie enough to let me know. All this, just because I felt like killing some yuppies one day...

*Pic from the BBC site with the official DVD chart listing

13 comments:

Sarah Dobbs said...

Hurrah! This is awesome, congratulations. :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and celebrations! I still haven't seen it, but guess what i'm going to buy :)


By the way, did you ever find that query letter you sent around to agencies?

Amanda said...

The writing was always on the wall; I mean, come on...it was Sainsbury's pick of the week!

Hearty congradumalations to you, Jimbo!

The Writer said...

I bought it. Copied it. Leaked it. Sold it. Sold it. Sold it. Sold it. Thanks for making me €1,832 richer. It's very popular down at the local ... I kid, I kid.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I can't wait to see your follow up. When's it due? 2007? 2008? No pressure, by the way. :p

rawshark said...

Congratulations Jimbo!! You deserve it man.. Nice full-page review in TF too.

I bought my copy last week - first DVD purchase of 007.

Halfway through the extras, although yet to brave the commentary...

potdoll said...

Congratulations m'duck! Take a bow!

No wonder that agent of yours is getting his puppies out for you. You be careful...

Long may Severance remain in the No.1 spot!

James Moran said...

Cheers, everyone!

Anon: Ah, sorry, no I couldn't find it anywhere. Asked my agent, but it's been filed away into storage, so they haven't got it. I have no idea where my copy is, that's madness. I'll try and reconstruct it from memory if I can.

TheWriter: Assuming they film Curfew in winter 2007 (lots of night shoots), it should be out sometime in 2008. Hopefully there'll be some telly stuff in the meantime.

Rawshark: Ah, the commentary is mad, a total pisstake session. I get about 3 words in edgeways...

The Writer said...

I like the title. A good title is essential, and this one sounds like a movie.

Looking forward to it.

Neal Romanek said...

Well done!

Stephen Gallagher said...

Enjoy!

patroclus said...

Congratulations, Other James! I'm planning to purchase and watch it this very weekend.

james henry said...

We watched, and crikey it was very good. Jolly well done old bean.

James Moran said...

You are all very lovely and special and windswept and interesting. Good things should happen to you all.