Sunday, February 11, 2007

I never said I was a mathematician

Okay. Yesterday, when I posted the words "...on the 25th, which only gives me 3 weeks to get the draft done", observant readers will have noticed the slight flaw in my mental arithmetic skills there. I posted it on the 10th, and the deadline is the 25th. 25 minus 10 does not equal 21, apparently.

So I only have 2 weeks to do the draft, not 3. Pah, I thought, 3 weeks?? Piece of piss. Loads of time. Let this be a lesson to you all out there.

I'm quite good with telling the time, though.

9 comments:

Phillip Barron said...

I hadn't even noticed; but now that you've pointed out your poor grasp of basic mathematics, I've lost all respect for you.

Pillock said...

James, you have quit that day job now, haven't you?

Aaron said...

pfft no one needs maths... Now get back to writing ;)

Dan said...

I bet you're using one of those new fangled sun-dials for your time-checks.Technology just keeps getting better and better!

Robin Kelly said...

I think maths is extremely over-rated. "Oh, I can learn lots of numbers, aren't I clever!" No, you're not, big frigging deal, try telling a good story, you freak of nature number wierdos!!

Lucy said...

*Running naked through your blog*

Don't mind me...

Amanda said...

No, you never did explictly say you were a mathematician. However, you did heavily imply it on several occassions, and as such I feel cheated; a fool. I should never have trusted your apparent skill with number. You men are all the same.

James Moran said...

I've made a note of ALL of your names, and I know where you all live. Just remember that.

Enzio Pesta said...

I feel for you. Alas, I too am afflicted with the same malady, among others. For some advice on that and others you may have, please visit my blog.