Friday, March 02, 2007

Fantasporto Day 6

I thought the previous days' hangovers were bad. But today's is making those look like a mild cough. I've had some really bad ones in my time, and can still remember the two worst occurrences. Both involved tequila. This one is probably the third worst. Woke up at 3pm, felt like shit. Dragged myself into the shower, went down to the cinema bar to get some coffee and see how I coped. The longer I was awake, the worse I felt. My head was killing me, and every now and again it felt like someone was ramming a spike through my brain. By the time the evening rolled around, I was feeling ten times worse than when I woke up. Not even a few beers helped, they just made me feel sick and bloated. So I bailed out at around 10pm, and came back to my room to sleep.

Everybody else is feeling okay, and are planning to go out again and have a late one. They are insane.

The festival got a writeup in one of the local papers, and mentioned me and my press conference, which apparently went down quite well. I'll post up a translation of the thing in a few days, when I'm sane again, along with some more photos. The bar last night had one room with a weird string sculpture running through the middle, so naturally we all pretended to get sucked into the vortex, and took photos of ourselves being silly. I'll post that one tomorrow, if I remember.

Tomorrow is the final ceremony, with the awards and things, held in the main cinema, so I need to be fresh and sober for that - there'll be press, TV cameras, and all sorts. After that is the Vampire Ball, which is supposed to be a crazy party. It's been a great week, the people here are really lovely and welcoming, even if they do try to kill you by overfeeding you with meat and beer...

5 comments:

Jools said...

Happy birthday, you stoat gobbling nunshagger!

Lucy said...

If you drink stuff with worms in, you have only yourself to blame you fool.

Jools' insult is even better than last year's which if I recall correctly was "Happy fucking birthday you fucking fucker!"

Personally, since she has no website of her own, I believe you are actually an only child and she is your oddball alter ego. Same with your wife.

SO THERE.

Oh - and Happy Birthday. You weirdo.

Jools said...

I don' need no steenkin' website! I taught him everything he knows!

Lucy said...

A likely story!

Mwwwwahh-hah-hah-hahh...

(That's an evil laugh by the way)

Jools said...

It's twue, it's twue!