Wednesday, August 22, 2007

That FrightFest time again

I have done it. Cleared my (imaginary) desk, got all the drafts and deadlines and things done and taken care of, just in time for FrightFest tomorrow. I can enjoy the 5 solid days of movie madness (and probably the odd drink) without guilt or fear. It'll be great to have a break from the non-stop pace lately, because I know that pretty much straight after it, things will speed up again - got 3 sets of pitches I need to (briefly) outline by Friday 31st August, and will need to do some small changes to two scripts that week as well. But it's all manageable. I have a 58 page draft of the TV Pilot Thing, which has gone to the relevant people for notes. And it feels good. Especially good to not have the deadlines looming over me.

Right, I'm off the internet until Monday night/Tuesday morning, don't do a dirty protest in my absence, and no running in the corridors (of the internet). Try and come along to FrightFest if you can, it's brilliant. None of us bite, except for Mad Biting Dave, but he's had all his injections and everything, so you should get your sight back after merely a few hours. Come and see some movies! Special guests! And hollow-eyed, shambling people who have been staring at a screen for far, far too long! Oh, and even if you're not going, come to the Zombie Walk on Monday, see if we can break that record. You know it makes sense.

2 comments:

Peter Pan said...

You know how much I love running in the corridors ... I do a very good impression of that bird out of that crap film with Liam Neeson and Catherine Ztea jones...

Jason Arnopp said...

Sir, I have tagged you in one of these newfangled 'meme' things. Put THAT in your pipe.

http://jasonarnopp.blogspot.com/