Thursday, September 27, 2007

New things, old things

Sorry for the slowdown, I was doing well with the blogging there for a while. Been a bit busy the past week or so, had to go off to a secret thing to do secret things, all will be revealed soon. Need to finish some stuff this weekend, as it’s due to be handed in. Also had several meetings, and got a new gig doing an episode of another existing TV show. And it’s not TW or DW, it’s a different one, on a different channel – I know! Traitor! When I go to the BBC for meetings now, I hear people hissing curses at me from down corridors, and there’s a big poster of my face in reception with “SCAB” printed on it. That’s not true of course, that would be silly and mad. When the contracts have all been sorted out, then I’ll say what the show is, but it’s probably the one you’re already thinking of.

Haven’t heard back about the movie I pitched for yet, but the movie rewrite I did seems about to hire a director, so that might start rolling forwards soon. Didn’t get the other TV episode I pitched for, just got the same standard, curt rejection everyone else got – “not quite what we’re looking for”. On reflection, maybe a kid’s animation show aimed at 5-7 year olds wasn’t ready to tackle the subject of serial killers who flay their victims alive and wear their skin. I’ll know for next time.

Obsessive Amazon watch latest: Severance is at 2,260 (down from 1,708). Cindy Crawford’s Shape Your Body Workout is at 3,174. The numbers speak for themselves. Remember, Christmas is less than 3 months away – show someone you love (or hate) them, with a shiny new DVD of Severance. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. Although for legal reasons, I must point out that it doesn’t actually keep on giving. Once you give it, that’s it. They can watch it over and over though, if they want. But it’ll still be the same movie. Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

15 comments:

Dozeymagz said...

You do realise that if you continue this lack of blog posting, we will all have to instantly assume that you have in fact been kidnapped by the BBC and are being held captive in the Director General's Personal Dungeon. (You know the one where he keeps anyone who looks like they may go off to the 'other side' and threaten his ratings....
But fear not, should this happen, we will all go down en masse to glare at Television Centre until they release you!
Indeed, they will quake at our might glares!

potdoll said...

can somebody pipe up with which show you're all thinking of cos I'm not thinking of one.

although I know it's not DW or TW.

thanks

Andy Goodman said...

It's the Chuckle Brothers, isn't it?

Lucy said...

"Been a bit busy the past week or so, had to go off to a secret thing to do secret things, all will be revealed soon."

WTF? No need to be coy sweetums, EVERYONE knows about our not-so-secret rendezvous, though not about the rampant sex. Whoops. Now I've let the cat out of the bag...And the gimp mask, chipmunks, squirty cream, marmite and handcuffs. Soz.

Jon Peacey said...

"...but it’s probably the one you’re already thinking of."

How embarassing... all I can think of is The X-Files. If so, can have second go on the time machine?

I also apologize for not helping yer Amazon rating by buying mi' copy of yer Severance disc at Woolies.

Anonymous said...

how about Primeval.

Danny Stack said...

Belle de Jour! Or Diary of a Call Girl or whatever they're calling it...

Jason Arnopp said...

Lucy... why have we not tried the marmite?

Lucy said...

Because we're blog-married dear and marmite is strictly for blog lovers. Everyone knows that, surely?

Amanda said...

I'm virtually positive it's the one I'm thinking of. But I can't say what I'm thinking - there's every chance I'll get carted off by the men in white coats otherwise. Again.

Rob Stickler said...

It's Doc Martin, then?

Awesome, I'll definitely tune in for that episode.

James Moran said...

I wish to point out that there is *NO* dungeon at the BBC, and that I have never been imprisoned in it or tortured by Terry Wogan. It was Ken Bruce.

I did meet Lucy, but she was supervised by her psychiatrist, and at no point was her mouth-guard removed. I did hump her leg, though.

As for the mystery TV show, I was wrong, it's clearly not the one you're all thinking of...

Chip Smith said...

Like Jon, I'm afraid I haven't improved your Amazon rating at all, as I went to see Severance at the flicks when it came out. The collective intake of breath when one of the Serbian psychos got a knife up his arse was worth the price of admission alone!

Lucy said...

Yeah, I got Severance out at CHOICES then bought it second hand off eBay James in retaliation for you humping my leg. In fact, if anyone wants a 3rd hand copy, come to me!*

*cannot confirm it hasn't been humped as well

Dozeymagz said...

Oh Dear Merciful Creator - NOT KEN BRUCE!!!!