Wednesday, October 10, 2007

*Fluffy white cat not included

Feel like becoming a supervillain? Want to dominate the world from a fortified underground lair? Not keen on neighbours?

Then pick up the decommissioned Titan 1 Missile Base, a snip at only $1.5million. For that, you get 57 acres of land, several buildings above ground, and 16 underground buildings linked by thousands of feet of connecting tunnels. It's got missile silos, which are handy for, well, missiles. Two above-ground homes, so your hired goons have somewhere to live when they're off shift. Two antenna silos, which can be used for antennae, or as a handy training space for your army of ninjas. There's even a Control Dome Building, for when you build your weather control machine, or other doomsday device. It doesn't say if there's a direct hotline to the United Nations, so that you can threaten the world, but I imagine it wouldn't be a problem to have one installed. So grab a bargain today, before some scarred megalomaniac beats you to it.

Via the always magnificent Penny Arcade.

10 comments:

Dozeymagz said...

I'm sure I can pick one up a bit cheaper on Ebay and when I do I'll turn mine into a super secret Hub where I can co-ordinate a Super- Secret crack team to track down alien lifeforms on Earth. Thankfully there would be enough land included in the deal to lure a well known fast food Pizza Restaurant and equally well known Coffee Shop to build a couple of new branches there - just for us!
Ah, I can see it all now...
Mwweheeeheeeeheha!

Good Dog said...

Haven't they sold it yet?

Came across this ages ago on a different site to the one you've linked to that had an illustration of the layout of the base.

It looked aces!

Dom Carver said...

Damn, and I just bought a three bedroom terrace!

Boz said...

I only use pre-fab supervillain lairs, from Ikea.

Salina said...

Would it be terrible if I sent you an email? It would be a little long and filled with things like "...Film student..." "...Living in America.." "...huge Torchwood fan..." "...talk about creative stuff..." But I'll try not to ramble on or talk about omg how kyoot john barrowman iz <3 did u seee him?1. lol. Basically I love writing and I really want to talk Torchwood from a writing stand point. Though I will say, I'm planning on watching Severance so I may very well geek out at you about that too, haha.
I ask -instead of just sending it- because you seem to be rather busy and I don't want to waste time you don't even have with introducing my random self.
Cheers. :)

James Moran said...

Magz: Yeah, well there's a shop building above ground, and because it's empty that means that it'll be turned into a Starbucks within about 5 minutes. So, fresh coffee, nice!

Salina: Feel free, address is in the profile. Yep, I have met and seen JB, and all the cast, including the current Who cast. I turn into a quivering fanboy when I see them though, so I never end up saying anything cool to them...

Jools not James said...

They will be selling EVIL coffee and pizzas though, won't they?

Dozeymagz said...

*Puts on serious head for a moment*
You know I have to say that it's jolly decent of you to take time out and not only read the comments on your blog, but also to reply to them. I doff my proverbial hat to you, good sir!
*Puts normal silly head on again*

Dozeymagz said...

Oh well they won't really be EVIL pizza and coffee - those items of delight and never ending happiness could never be EVIL. Marginally-Not-Nice-In-A-Global-Monopoly sort of way, maybe...

MarkC said...

My only concern would be, do the Russians know it's decommissioned? I mean, how often do they update their missile target databases? What if Igor the administrator is a little forgetful?

If a nuclear war breaks out, I want to die a protracted, agonising death, not wimp out from some direct hit.