Thursday, December 13, 2007

Me and Kylie and Bernard Cribbins in the new DWM

Now there's a sentence I don't get to say every day...

The new issue of Doctor Who Magazine is out, and features a big interview with an extremely handsome and talented writer called-- oh, how embarrassing! It's me! It was a mammoth phone interview, really good fun to do. I rambled on a bit, but hopefully I come across as reasonably sane. We talked about all sorts of stuff, including my DW Pompeii episode, my Torchwood episode (which contains the title, some info and a sneaky plot description), how I got the TW/DW gigs, and how I got into writing in the first place. There are pictures and everything, so go and have a look. It's the new issue out now, the one with Kylie draped across a Dalek on the cover:

I'm sure Katy Manning approves. I did offer to pose for the same pic, in the same dress, but my emails kept bouncing back, for some reason. Honestly, they *really* missed out there, I bet I'd look perfectly delightful in clothes designed for pop princesses (princessi?), and not at all terrifying. There's a big feature with Kylie, loads of other news about the Christmas special, series 4, and David Tennant too, but never mind all that - they've got an interview with Bernard Cribbins, who is a top class legend for far too many reasons to explain. You can't say fairer than that. Although I am STILL not on the cover, despite my very clear and perfectly reasonable demands. Then again, I'm on the spine, so if you bend it around slightly:

There we go, I'm *sort of* on the cover, if you squint a bit. Anyway, I don't care, because I'm sharing the spine with the mighty Bernard Cribbins! Wahey!

Hello to anyone who has popped over here recently, thanks to the recent DW/TW news snippets in various places - top 3 places people have come from so far are the Doctor Who Forum, James Marsters' site, and Torchwood.TV. They've put the blog link in the DWM article too, which is very nice of them, so hello to you lovely readers too. Look around, relax, and feel free to say hello or anything. Doesn't have to be "hello", obviously - far be it from me to restrict you in your choice of greetings and salutations. Say what you like, it's a free country. OR IS IT??? Well, yes, more or less. Hello from me to you, anyway.

13 comments:

GracieLizzy said...

There used to be a thread dedicated to following your blog on the Torchwood section of Outpost Gallifrey Forum but it seems to have been archived when it regenerated in The Doctor Who Forums. Oh well.

soulmining said...

Good work, sir! Finished reading the issue this evening and I think you did a terrific job. As I mentioned earlier, a very cunning ruse to feature in the 'sealed' Kylie issue so that everyone has to buy a copy, they can't just stand and read it in WHSmiths. Not that I normally do that... (coughs)

And - as I'm sure James will point on soon enough - if you turn to p67 you can vote for him in the Favourite DWM Interview poll...

Peter Pan said...

I dont usually pur-chase DWM ... but now I want to read your interview .... well sold sir!

faldor said...

Hey Mr. M, I've had your blog bookmarked since October, so heres a bit of a late Hello :)

- Faldor

Jo said...

I've been readint this blog for ages now but i've not left a comment so far, so i thought as it's coming up to Christmas i would be a good girl for a change.

I don't usually buy DWM (mainly because for some obscure reason I cant buy it wthout paying 3.20 and traveling on 2 busses just to get into town to get it) but this month I will make the journey in the normern frost and purchase one. Thank god for WH Smiths.

I come over from Doctorwhoforum (formerly OG) from time to time and laugh myself sillY, and when i saw the shoutout i had post a rambly comment (i suppose its like someone shouting your local city out at a pop cncert and you go wooooo for no aparent reason.)

I also feel it is my duty to inform you that you have quite a few fangrls, who fangirl you for your mind and the ability you have to make us piss ourselves laughing at any given oportunity (not literally of course, we're not incontinent, we're just very easily amused.)

James Moran said...

Gracie: Ooh, blog followers - this is good news, because I need to build up an army to confront all my Enemies. I shall be recruiting soon, watch this space.

Phil: Cheers guv! Didn't realise about the sealing up, but at least you get a massive poster version of the Kylie pic thrown in. Don't buy it for me - do it for Kylie...

Cheers Peter, hope you enjoy it. And hello! to faldor, welcome, put your feet up.

Jo: Good on you for making the journey - mind the roads now, it's bloody slippy out there. And very good to know about the fangirls, I shall try to continue inducing incontinence through comedy. Blimey, that sentence got complicated. You may all join my army of doom, so that when I confront my Enemies, I will have a mighty fighting force.

Danny Stack said...

Good photos, too! Nice one.

Dozeymagz said...

Good interview! You came across as quite sane! How did you manage that then? (Just joking!)
'Tis a very good issue - like the Tardis Photo - bet that was fun to do!!!! You jammy so-and-so!
:)

Clancy said...

Still waiting for my copy of DWM to arrive (Australia), now I'm looking forward to it even more.

I got here via a link on OG months ago, now you live in my Dr Who bookmarks.

Mery Christmas.

Lins Honeyman said...

Loved the article in DWM, James. Looking forward to your TW and DW episodes too.

The Daily Mail's weekend supplement reported that Rose Tyler will be returning in an episode set in Pompeii. Hope you've given her a few lines!

Jason Arnopp said...

Jo - while rightly fangirling Mr Moran for his mind and ability to provoke mirth, please don't overlook his body. God knows I haven't, while balanced precariously on a step-ladder in his back garden of an evening, with binoculars delivering all manner of treats to my eyes. Good day to you.

Melissa said...

Hi Mr. Moran. I love reading your comments. Just wanted to let you know the first Torchwood 2 trailer premiered on BBC America last night and I believe they've used material from your episode.

Congrats. It's all very very exciting.

James Moran said...

Cheers everyone!

Magz: That pic was taken by my mate Dolores - I was at the Beeb for a meeting, and they had the old TARDIS from the classic series lying around, so I jumped in and forced her at gunpoint to take my photo. And now it comes in handy...

Clancy: Cheers - can you move some of the bookmarks around though? One keeps poking me in the ear.

Lins: Ta - didn't see the Daily Mail thing, but I think they've got their wires crossed...

The Arnopp: I knew I saw something out there! Don't know why, but I leave the curtains open deliberately now. It's nice to be wanted. Even by a degenerate sex-fiend with multiple manslaughter convictions.

Melissa: Ooh, thank you for that - it's pretty cool, isn't it? Very exciting to see my stuff popping up...