Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hugo nominations ahoy

Just popping in to say a huge congratulations to the fabulous Paul Cornell, who has earned himself a Hugo nomination for Human Nature/Family of Blood from Doctor Who season 3. Also huge congratulations to Hugo-magnet Steven Moffat, who has one for Blink (also DW s3), and even huger congratulations to Cath Tregenna, who has one for Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood season 1. They all richly deserve it, and I'll be happy if any of them win, they're all lovely and scarily talented.

The full list of nominees for all categories is here, and I'm glad to see Enchanted and Stardust listed in the best film section - I loved Stardust, and Enchanted was the most fun I've had in a cinema for a long, long time. As you can probably tell, I'm not really a Disney princess kind of bloke. But Enchanted made a tiny, green shoot of joy grow from the parched, blackened surface of my evil heart. If you haven't seen it yet, rectify that error immediately - it's a clever idea, a great script, and just buckets of fun.

Right, that's all, carry on with your weekends.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

"carry on with your weekends."

What if I said no??

Cath's episode - was that the one with the memory guy in it? 'Cos I loved that one. Also not enough scriptwriting laydeez, so big up to her for being talented and successful. Though I may have to kill her too.

Stephen Gallagher said...

"But Enchanted made a tiny, green shoot of joy grow from the parched, blackened surface of my evil heart."

And the Happy Working Song made me laugh 'til I was nearly sick.

Paul Cornell said...

Thanks! I'm very honoured and very nervous!