Monday, November 24, 2008

Spooks, episode 7, tonight (and next week)

Okay, so my Spooks (episode 7) is on BBC1, Monday the 1st of December at 9pm - but they're doing early previews for all eps, which means you can see it tonight on BBC3 at 10.30pm, right after episode 6 on BBC1. I'll probably watch both the early one and the regular one too, because I can. That's just how I roll.

If you haven't seen eps 1-6 you may get a bit lost here and there with the serial stuff, but I'm assuming there'll be a "Previously on Spooks..." to clue you in to the most important bits. If not, you're all grown ups, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what's going on. So watch it, or I'll send a thousand monkeys round to your house. No idea what they'll do. But they're bound to make a huge mess.

Anyway, it's quite an unusual episode in many ways, with plenty of shocks and surprises, and I'm very pleased to say that it does something that has *never* been done before in the series... No spoilers in the comments please, as a courtesy to those who'll be watching it next week - if you have plot-spoilery questions, send them in an email, or wait until after the BBC1 showing.

15 comments:

Lucy said...

I will be unable to watch your ep tonight or next week good sir because I will be time travelling back to last Wednesday to recover my brain when it exploded. Hope it's good (your ep, not my brain).

Andy said...

Do you have any idea which oiece of music they used in the final scene of Harry's realisation?

ascorbic said...

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Scott Matthewman said...

Well, that was full of WTF moments and then some. I'm still reeling. Well done.

Will said...

Mozart's Requiem...

Swiv said...

That was some awesome Spooks We were all shaky - though I doubt the amount of sugar and coffee in our systems helped.

Scott Matthewman said...

re. the music -- today's Radio Times has it down as Verdi's Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves

Alex T said...

For me this was the best episode of this series, was starting to loose patience with the whole spooks thing. Dunno if the 'hiss' was your idea but I did a double take at that point - genius.

Dozeymagz said...

Oh woe is me!!! I haven't seen one episode of Spooks ever :( I feel shamed and deserve just punishment. What can I do?

I'm so so sorry :(

Anonymous said...

I am still shocked. This is a thrilling episode and I can´t wait to see whats going on in ep 8. I would like to ask some questions but it is not posible without spoiling - so just - thank you, it is great to watch.

Freek said...

The episode was great. Brilliant writing! And that trailer for episode 8 looks promising...

Robin Eveleigh said...

Top marks James, that was the best episode of the series thus far by a bloody long chalk.

I was ready to give up on Spooks after Monday's dog's dinner. I watched yours last night and by the end wanted so badly to see a certain's someone's head on a f'kin spike on Tower Bridge.

Good skills.

Jayne said...

Sorry, had to delete the minute I posted 'cause I realised I'd got spoilery. Comment below with spoilers excised...

Hang on a minute. It was you who xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx! You bugger.

Mind you it was splendid and xxxxxx xxxx was brilliant - the hiss was completely shocking! Best ep of this series. I hope old watsisname is going to get his comeuppance sometime soon.

ohh, and my wv is hyped. Hmmm

James Moran said...

Thanks everyone! And thank you Scott for answering Andy's question, I had no idea what the music was.

As for the hiss - not in any version of the script, so I'm guessing it was an actor ad-lib. This is why actors are fantastic, they do stuff like that, which improves the ep *and* makes me look good at the same time.

Magz: Administer a stern wrist-slap, and watch it tonight, 9pm, BBC1.

Will answer any and all questions if I can, in the next post...

Andy said...

Thank you Scott - absolutely correct re the music, amazing what the internet can do if you ask the question