Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Story Engine, and the Stack Attack

I am still jetlagged, and starting to lose what little is left of my mind. About 2 hours sleep last night, followed by several hours lying wide awake, feeling like my eyes were wide open even though they were closed, my mind racing and trying to convince me that getting up and doing loads of stuff would be the most brilliant thing EVER. I am so, so tired. Yesterday, I had a normal night's sleep, and thought that was the end of it. But no. Jetlag has more fun in store for me, I think. And I have many meetings this week, which I have to be on form for, as well as...

...The Story Engine! Yes, a new paragraph and everything. I'm sure you all know about it by now, but just in case, it's a screenwriting conference in Darlington, on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th February, at which I am a guest speaker. On Thursday, I'll be taking part in the networking lunch, doing a live commentary and Q+A on my first Torchwood episode Sleeper (please try and see it if you haven't already, otherwise you won't know what's going on when I start talking over it), and then joining in the panel on agents. Friday morning, I'm in the speed pitching workshop, which might end up even more manic depending on the jetlag situation. The full programme is up here, and you can download the PDF from that page too.

And I should have mentioned this before, but what with being away and going jetlagmad, I'm late (as usual). Sir Daniel of Stackshire is making a short film. If you want to get in on that action - and the power of Christ COMPELS you to - then go and check out his post here about it. You know Danny, you know what he does, and you know he's a diamond geezer. So help him if you can, and if you can't afford to donate, cheer him on and be supportive. You know it makes sense.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Actually I'll have to know the Stack COPIED ME, the utter fiend and I am planning to somehow *steal* all his production budget using a Russian prostitute called Olga (who can somehow turn into those wooden dolls, like in that advert), some glue, a pair of handcuffs and a giant sized Rizla.

Please join me one and all in my mission:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=58214319497#

You know THAT makes sense...

clarrisani said...

The conference sounds really good. I've got a screenplay collecting dust on my bookshelf, so I really wish we had things like that around here so I can learn a thing or two. Who knows - it may happen eventually.

Sounds like your jetlag is being decidedly evil to you. Seriously, giraffes? Makes a brilliant idea for a story though, and Gareth did have that plot suggestion of Ianto putting hallucinogen's in the coffee.

Of course, you realise that jetlag means you have the best excuse ever for doing weird and random things just to see what you can get away with. ;)

Dozeymagz said...

Ah well - one more thing I can't go to... *sighs & feels deprived*

But not for long! All hail the magical healing properties of chocolate and pizza! Guaranteed to make up for all lost opportunities!

But not necessarily together, or indeed, in that order...

Jolly good luck to Stackmeister too - sounds an interesting project.

Boz said...

This goes against everything I hold dear and precious but (deep breath) Igetbadjetlagtooand Ifindexercisereallyhelpsmegetbackinsyncwithmytimezone.

I know. Evil.