Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Meetings and the countrycide

Blimey, where does the time go? Away, into the past, that's where. Things are quite busy at the moment, so blogging will be even more sporadic than usual. And my enormous holiday/Gallifrey report will be *slightly* delayed (expect it around 2012). The Story Engine went really well, I talked non stop for about 5 hours, and had a great time. Managed to avoid nervousness again, which is a new and exciting experience for me. I also felt like I knew what I was talking about, which is an even newer experience.

While I was away, I reached 500 followers on Twitter, so we had a Hoff frenzy: I demanded that everyone watch the same Hoff video. This one. Yes, that sound you can now hear is your brain climbing out of your left ear and slithering away. For 600, which is approaching fast, there'll be some other type of frenzy. And for 666, I have even better plans...

Got back on the Friday, then Saturday morning (at a fucking ridiculous hour, I didn't even know 7am existed at the weekend) I went to the country to meet some ex-special forces blokes who could quite easily kill me with their little finger. It was a research trip for a new project, still early days yet, but if all goes well, then it'll be a cracking new TV series. The hotel had no internet in the rooms, but did provide a little decanter of sherry to make up for this. I also saw a sign that simply read "CIDER", pointing down a side street, and a large tank parked by the side of the road (wasn't quick enough to grab a photo, so you'll have to take my unreliable word for it). The countryside is a strange and scary place. None of the blokes killed me, although I learned some incredibly scary and cool things which will hopefully be part of the TV thingy if all goes well.

More meetings this week, a very important one on Monday for a project I'm dying to be involved with, and one today for something I've been working on for a while. Then this Saturday I'm off to De Montfort University to take part in their screenwriting day - so maybe I'll see you there. I mean, if you're going. If you're not, then I won't see you. Obviously.

3 comments:

Jason Arnopp said...

Readers: Uncle Jimbo fails to mention that, during the Story Engine, he broke both my legs, dragged me into a hedge and made full love to my left ear. All for calling him "slick".

Nicole said...

Sounds like things are going well for you.

Jason Arnopp said...

Actually no, madam. My legs need constant medical att-- Ah, sorry. Misunderstood.