Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Torchwood: Children of Earth broadcast date

Thank fuck for that. Torchwood has a broadcast date.

I'm free! Free of being asked THAT QUESTION over and over! Free of having to lie! YES! I KNEW! I KNEW THE BROADCAST DATE ALL ALONG! I KNEW FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS AND WEEKS! AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Ahem. Yes, I knew. Someone bloody told me, (not naming any names, although it rhymes with Muscle Pea Gravies), and I instantly felt my heart sink because I'd have to keep the secret for ages, and not blurt it out. Damn you, Muscle! Damn you to hell!

So I had to lie, and keep quiet, to avoid any difficulty. But in future, when I say I don't know? I don't know. If I do know, I'll say that I know, and am not allowed to say. Nobody bloody believes me when I say I don't know anyway, they still think I knew who the new Doctor was going to be ahead of time (I didn't, I really didn't, I have no reason to lie about it now, I had no idea).

By the way, I love the dry description in the TV listing: "Science-fiction and crime drama created by Russell T Davies dealing with the machinations and activities of the fictional Torchwood Institute in Cardiff." Wow, that sounds... thrilling. "What ho, Captain! What machinations and activities will we find ourselves up to this week, I wonder? I venture a pinch of snuff will be required to gird our loins!" Honestly, it's actually very exciting and action packed and scary and funny and mad.

Anyway. It starts on Monday the 6th July, 9pm on BBC1. I did episode 3, which will be on Wednesday 8th July. But you have to watch the whole thing, or it won't make sense. It starts in America on BBCA on the 20th July. Hopefully this will be the last thing I ever have to say about the broadcast date. Watch the show. It is epic. I mean, proper epic. Textbook epic. Yes.

8 comments:

Jayne said...

Bugger. I'm flying to the US on the 10th so will spend Friday night in Chicago trying to find a wifi signal and hoping it's already on BBC iPlayer. Because if I have to wait to see the last episode I may have to kill someone - and they have guns over there.

Kya-tic said...

At last, Sir James! Naturally episode 3 shall be the highlight.

WhoNerd (Dana Reboe) said...

The 20th? Aww hell. I guess that means i'll have to watch it online some where *cough* I mean...errrm...what? :P

Dom Carver said...

My Sky+ shall be programed. Can't ruddy well wait!!!!

Antonia said...

Great news! I shall be a-watching.

Dim said...

Machinations...we don't have enough machinations these days. But I would have said TW was hi-jinks, at least during the first series, possibly reaching "goings-on".

Iona said...

I got so excited when I heard, the wait has been interminable! Though the fact it wasn't on during the exams is probably a good thing...

Damon said...

Hey James
You did a lousy job of disguising the writers name Muscle Pea Gravies. LOL
Your post actually had me thinking I should take the time to watch this series. Good going!
A possible convert for Torchwood...
Vancouver Plumber