Monday, August 09, 2010

Doctor Who games outside the UK, Torchwood, other projects

People outside the UK can now buy the first two episodes of Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, for the bargain price of $4.95. They're available here, seems to be just the Windows version at the moment, no idea if/when the Mac versions will be available - ask them, not me.

Also, not many people have picked up on this, but one of the characters in Blood of the Cybermen is voiced by Ursa herself, the fantastic Sarah Douglas. Yes! I know! No news yet about the release date of the 3rd and 4th games, but we're all working hard to get them finished for your gaming pleasure. I'll update when the announcements start appearing.

In related news, I'm ridiculously excited to see that Jane Espenson, Doris Egan, John Fay, and John Shiban are the writing team for the new season of Torchwood, with Russell writing and showrunning. They're all brilliant, and I can't wait to see what Jane Espenson does, I adore her writing. As I've already said on The Twitter, that is literally all I know about it, there's no point asking me anything, I'm not involved in any way, so I only know as much as you.

And if I've just sent you a link to this blog post, it means that since I wrote that last sentence, more than ten people have asked me for information or if I'm writing for it. It will happen, I know it will - people are *still* asking if I wrote an episode for season 5 of Doctor Who, despite the fact that the series is now over and a quick Google would give them the answer faster than asking me. No, I didn't, by the way. Although the Adventure Games are canon and considered part of season 5, so I suppose, technically, I did. But not one of the TV episodes. I don't know about season 6 yet, or 7, or 8, or any of the others. I'm not working on the new series of Primeval either, don't know what the storylines will be, but wouldn't be allowed to say even if I did know. But I don't, honest. My guess, for Primeval? Dinosaurs will be involved in some way. Don't tell anyone I told you.

Things I actually *am* working on: One TV pilot script (an action show, in development, going well), one horror comedy movie ("Cockneys Vs Zombies", shooting soon), one movie adaptation (from a non-fiction book, I'm at outline stage), "Mercenary", a movie suspense thriller (seeking funding, with a production company), a movie of my own (currently shopping it out to interested parties), some web stuff (one's written, all have pitches, all seeking funding), another web thingy for a TV channel (waiting for contract agreements), and a couple of possible TV things that are at pitch stage, which I'm shopping around. There's also another project that I'm hoping to announce in a week or two, if all goes well. That's everything I can think of, right now. See? Even when I *do* know about stuff, I can't really say much about it. But watch this space! News will happen soon! Not *very* soon, probably. So, you know, you could make a cup of tea or something while you wait. Maybe a few cups. And a meal.